COVID-19 PANDEMIC PERIOD
WHY MUSEUM HOTEL?
- One of the world’s most prestigious luxury hotel consortiums, and the only hotel member of Relais & Châteaux in Turkey, with premier Relais & Châteaux quality of service and gourmet delicacies
- International Relais & Châteaux Covid-19 Prevention and Hygiene Practices, specifying high- level hygiene and cleaning measures
- Turkish Republic (T.C.) Ministry of Culture and Tourism Covid-19 Prevention and Hygiene Practices are implemented thoroughly and meticulously
- Only 30 rooms & suites over a widespread area totaling 6,000 m2
- Wide terraces, an “infinity” pool, sunbathing areas, gardens, large and spacious indoor dining and drinking areas—all where social distancing can be easily maintained with the most beautiful views of Cappadocia
- Special discounts of up to 25% for the current Covid-19 Normalization Period
- Possible upgrade option to upper-category rooms according to availability
- Instead of the usual breakfast buffet, an opulent personalized à la carte breakfast service
- Thorough room disinfection twice a day and a turn-down (evening room) service for all rooms and suites during your stay
- Rooms and suites with a balcony and a private garden overlooking the unique Cappadocia view
- For a much quieter and calmer Cappadocia experience, all guests are over the age of 12 years
- Expanded Room Service with a selection of gourmet dishes from Museum Hotel’s kitchen
- Opportunities to spend time in the ecological fruit & vegetable gardens and vineyards located in the most beautiful valleys of Cappadocia, and enjoy special valley walks
COVID-19 HYGIENE STANDARDS
PRACTICES AND PROTOCOLS:
- A Covid-19 Commission has been established within our hotel under the chairmanship of the General Manager, including deputy general managers, all department managers, the hotel doctor, and our hotel lawyer. Following all official instructions from the World Health Organization, the Turkish Republic (T.C.) Ministry of Health, and the T.C. Ministry of Culture and Tourism, all necessary precautions have been implemented and are kept up to date.
- The Covid-19 Prevention and Hygiene Practices Protocol, issued by the Turkish Ministry of Culture and Tourism, is implemented meticulously in our hotel.
- As Turkey’s only hotel member of one of the world’s most important luxury hotel consortiums, Relais & Châteaux, Museum Hotel follows precisely the International Covid-19 Prevention and Hygiene Practices.
- Cleaning, hygiene, and disinfection practices for all rooms, open and closed areas, as well as all items and materials in our hotel are carried out and particulars recorded regularly by our staff in accordance with the “Museum Hotel Covid-19 Hygiene Practices Protocol.”
- A comprehensive Urgent Action Plan has been drawn up to be implemented upon any case of suspicious symptoms in guests or employees in our hotel, and all employees are given regular training on the subject.
- A Social Distancing Plan that covers our entire hotel has been implemented meticulously. Accordingly, provisions for distancing of 1.5 meters between guests have been made, with a rule that at least 1.5 meters must be maintained between both sun loungers and tables in the pool area, and at least 60 cm between the chairs in our restaurant and on the terraces. Information boards have been placed throughout the hotel, containing information about social distancing rules and the necessary requirements to be followed.
REGULAR TESTS AND INSPECTIONS:
- Our hotel is regularly inspected (without notice) by the internationally accredited hygienic institutions with which we have contracts within the scope of the Healthy Vacation System (Food Safety, Water Safety, Housekeeping Hygiene Management, and Wellness Hygiene Management).
- Samples are taken (and retained) daily in order to make obligatory analyses in our kitchen.
- Humidity and temperature measurements from our kitchen storehouses are continuously taken and recorded.
- The chlorine level, as determined by the Ministry of Health and the Ministry of Culture and Tourism, is strictly followed in our swimming pool and is constantly monitored and recorded.
- Body temperatures are reviewed and recorded by thermal cameras at all guest and staff entrances/exits.
DISINFECTION AND PROTECTION PRACTICES:
- Disinfectant products of international quality and standards have been placed throughout the hotel, which guests and employees can easily locate and use.
- As it is mandatory to wear masks in all areas and to use disposable gloves when necessary, masks and gloves are always available from our hotel staff.
- We have initiated an express guest registration procedure, in which most check-in requirements are completed during your stay, rather than at arrival—thus preventing unnecessary reception crowding, which we are actively avoiding.
- During check-in, guests are required to fill in a form containing questions requested by the T.C. Ministry of Culture and Tourism, and are given written information about the measures implemented in our hotel.
- Luggage and bags are handled only by the duty bellboy. Guests’ luggage is carried to each room specifically, with no bags carried to different rooms at the same time.
- Comprehensive disinfection procedures are performed in each room or suite according to exacting hygiene standards. Detailed disinfection procedures, thorough cleaning, and natural ventilation processes are completed in the room before it is made available to new check-ins.
- A turn-down (evening room) service is offered to all our rooms and suites, during which the room is comprehensively disinfected.
- All of the towels, sheets, and drapes in our rooms are changed daily and are washed and disinfected at high temperatures using products approved by the Ministry of Health in accordance with existing procedures.
- In addition to normal, general cleaning, all materials and equipment used by guests are also regularly disinfected.
EATING AND DRINKING:
- All tables and chairs used in our restaurant are regularly disinfected before and after each and every use.
- All covers, hand towels, plates, glasses, cutlery, and similar products used in our restaurant are regularly disinfected at high temperatures using products approved by the Ministry of Health.
- A comprehensive Food Safety Implementation Plan covering our Purchase, Acceptance, Storage, Kitchen, and Restaurant areas has been implemented, and the details recorded, in our hotel.
- During the Covid-19 pandemic, our hotel is offering a personal à la carte breakfast, rather than a breakfast buffet.
- Circulation, filtering, cleaning, and social distancing rules, as determined by the Ministry of Health and the Ministry of Culture and Tourism, are strictly adhered to in our swimming pool and are constantly monitored and recorded.
- Our pool towels are presented in disinfected and packaged form.
- In accordance with our Social Distancing Plan, a maximum of 4 guests are allowed in the pool at the same time.
- Our employees are regularly subjected to thorough health checks.
- Our employees are periodically trained in the precautions and procedures to be taken regarding Covid-19, and the use of masks and other protective equipment is meticulous in all our departments.
- For our hotel, a comprehensive Emergency Action Plan, Social Distancing Plan, Waste Management Plan, Food Safety Practices Plan, as well as Covid-19 Hygiene Practices Plans have been prepared for each department, and all our employees are periodically subject to thorough training regarding the plans.
- Dining halls, changing rooms, and service vehicles used by our employees are regularly disinfected and particulars recorded.
- Our hotel provides a free private doctor service 24/7 if needed.
- As the risks of physical contact form a valet service cannot be minimized during the global pandemic period, we have decided to suspend this service.
- All VIP vehicles provided by the Museum Hotel Concierge team, such as for airport transfer and private Cappadocia tours, are regularly disinfected before and after use, and disinfectants and masks are kept in the vehicle. Our drivers are regularly subjected to health checks and provide service on condition that they wear masks and gloves. In addition, as much as possible, spacing of guests inside the vehicle is kept to 50% of vehicle capacity.